Re: how do you make WHITE?

-----Original Message-----
From: John S. Denker <jsd@MONMOUTH.COM>

In my message about light-wave physics, I don't see why the tangential
remark about electron-wave physics should be considered a "problem".

--- jsd

It's not a problem when you are talking to the other physicists on the
list--and helping us understand. It can be when trying to fashion an
explanation for our students (the ones who often ask these kinds of
questions) and they are High School or Intro College Physics level.

John now joins the list of several others here (Dave Bowman being a prime
example) who can give us very lucid explanations at a senior college or
graduate school level. I think we are all are grateful for these insights.
However, the discussions sometimes do get out of hand (and way over the
heads of some of us) when the initial questions came from HS students. I
guess that's OK, we should understand this stuff at the highest level
possible and then do the work to distill it down for our students, but I am
sure that some of the more esoteric discussions on QM, Relativity, and
Thermodynamics sometimes become private discussions between a handful of
participants. Of course, there's always the delete key for those threads
that get toooo far above my head. ;-(

rwt