Re: Some Physics java applets

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, B.Surendranath Reddy wrote:

I looked around and found this on one of the usenet groups

Netscape on the Mac does not support JDK 1.1.x at this time. Try using
MSIE 4.x on the Mac using Apple's MRJ as the Java VM (you can set this
in MSIE's preferences).

The applets ran fine on a G3 Mac(blue tower), system 8.5, using IE 4.01
and the Apple MRJ 2.0. I also downloaded the latest MRJ, (Mac OS
Runtime for Java) (MRJ 2.1) and the applets also ran fine in that
environment.

Current versions of Netscape Communicator and Netscape Navigator (up to
4.5) use their own internal Java virtual machine and unlike Explorer you
have no choice. You have to run their virtual machine. This machine is
not JDK 1.1 compliant and the applets will not run under this environment.

Finally, thank you for sharing these applets. I will find them useful in
my classes.

Bruce Esser
Physics Teacher Something witty
Marian High School Should go here