Re: Electrostatics problem

Bob Sciamanda asked:

(1) What were your input boundary conditions, besides V=100 on
the three conducting surfaces?
(2) Is this a commercial finite element program? If not please
describe is general algorithm.

1) Yes, 100 V on the metallic container and 0 V at "infinity". That
infinity was represented by a square frame of 200 by 200 cm.
2) "My own" program written in True Basic. It is based on the
algorithm described by H. Gould and J.Tobachnik (see
"Numerical Solutions of Laplace Equation" in their book
"Computer Simulation Methods, volume I, Addison Wesley,
1988). The second edition of this book exists but I do not have
it. A strongly recommend programming book to all who want
to learn physics simulations.

Thanks for the factor of 2 reminder. I am not going to calculate
charges right now, unless motivated by someone.
Ludwik Kowalski