Re: I did not know this.

This is interesting. In discussing stability and center of mass I often
balance a meterstick so it goes up from my hand. there is much hand motion
involved. I then have maintained that
standing up is a lot like this, in that we need to keep the feet under the
center of mass, and invite students to stand on one foot
concentrating on the action of the foot needed to maintain balalnce. Then
I have
asked them to close the eyes and continue to pay attention. The effect is
dramatic.

I will test later, but I am but 56.

Ken Fox
Smoky Hill High School