Re: A question on inelastic relativistic collisions

Larry,
I agree that all things should have been settled but if you look
in the literature you will see otherwise. I believe it is due to some
of these guys being educated before any agreement had been made. You
may also want to look at Misner, Thorne, and Wheeler because the later
two are to me, two of the people that actually understand relativity
(special and general). Sorry I do know of Misner. (I have seen Thorne
talk and met a couple of Wheeler's grad students who tell many neat
stories.)
If you are like me that summer to do list grows and grows beyond
anything realistic. However I believe if you understand rel. thermo,
then you are well on the way to really, really understanding it. I had
to take a break but I hope to pick up where I left off. Let us know
this summer if you make any breakthroughs. 8-) Maybe something nice to
write up for AJP. Good Luck

Sam Held