Re: A question on inelastic relativistic collisions

At 04:28 PM -0600 on 2/19/99, C wrote:
I think you mean that "Internal Energy of a body is <defined>
in the rest frame..."
Consider a black body. One can, and does, measure its temperature
by determining the frequency of the peak of the black body spectrum. One
can make this measurement in any frame. The rest frame temperature is then
determined by transforming the measurement back to the rest frame.
Thus, the temperature of the visible horizon is 3 deg K in our
frame >but hotter than Hades in the rest frame.
Regards,
Jack

Agreed. I did indeed mean DEFINED. We can always transform to another
system. But it also means that Temperature is invariant by its definition;
as you originally stated.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs@interaccess.com)