Re: Is Windows 3.x dead?

Yes, but only because we are limited to 386 and 486 PCs in some of our
physics labs. OTOH, these machines are used only for preliminary analysis
of data, and most of the 'real' work is done from the computer labs where we
run Win95 or a Mac OS. The 386 and 486 machines will be replaced as quickly
as old Pentium machines become available at the 'far end' or our school's
cascade system--student computer labs get new machine yearly, faculty and
administrators then get the 1 year old machines, staff gets their old
machines, and eventually our kind of lab usage can get the oldest (about to
be junked) machines.

rick

Richard W. Tarara
Department of Chemistry & Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, IN 46556
219-284-4664
rtarara@saintmarys.edu

FREE PHYSICS INSTRUCTIONAL SOFTWARE AVAILABLE
see descriptions at:

http://www.saintmarys.edu/~rtarara/