Re: neutron polarization

Yes you can have polarized neutrons. Neutrons have a spin of 1/2, the
polarization is the alignment of this spin vector. Generally one uses
polarized neutron beams in nuclear physics. One way to create a
polarized neutron beam is that a beam of polarized protons strikes a
deuterium target and a large percentage of the knockout neutrons are
polarized. This is an example of polarization transfer.

Jerry Lisantti lisantti@physics.centenary.edu
Dept. of Physics and Engineering http://alpha.centenary.edu
Centenary College of Louisiana
Shreveport, LA 71134