Re: Free software ELECTRICITY

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

THIS IS FROM ANOTHER LIST. How good is the program?

Subj: Electricity simulator
You can download an excellent circuit simulator from the net for free.
It is a very simplified version of a very powerful program which costs
around $300. Download Mac or wintel: elementary version of "Crocodile
Clips" from: http://www.crocodile-clips.com/education/ukintro.html
I really like it.
We have it on the network in my last school and my next school.

eg.
set up a circuit with a motor, resistor and cell. Wind it up. The
motor goes.
bypass the resistor. Switch on. Motor blows up.
Why?

The motor softare seems to simulate back emf etc.

NOW - this is a SUPPLEMENT to real time work.

http://www.phys.canterbury.ac.nz/coursework/NZIP_EdCom/MiniZippyPages/MiniZippyIndex.html
gives a couple of simple worksheets which may use CC

The demo gives a good idea of things.

(Something good can come out of the UK)

Derek

--
Derek Chirnside d.chirnside@phys.canterbury.ac.nz
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Canterbury

Growing Minds: Physics Education/Information Technology Support
Ph: +64 3 364 2987 Ext 7561
Fax: +64 3 364 2469
DCandPC@netaccess.co.nz will find me after hours