Re: phase diagrams wanted

Does anyone know where to find phase diagrams for some common
everyday two-component systems, like antifreeze (water + ethylene glycol)
or water + NaCl? The best references for phase diagrams all seem to
be more specialized, written for metallurgists or geochemists or
ceramists (I just learned today that that's a word). It seems that
nobody cares about the more familiar examples.

You might try a physical chemistry text. We certainly did our share of
phase diagrams when I took that course.

That was the first place I looked. The examples in p-chem texts are
all chemicals that I've never heard of. And all the texts use the
same examples! It seems that chemistry textbooks are as bad as physics
textbooks at conveying the relevance of the subject.

I did find water + ethylene glycol in a chemical thermodynamics book
but the diagram is incomplete and disagrees with a diagram I found
in an auto mechanics book. So I could really use something more
authoritative. Anyone else have an idea?

Dan