electrostatics hazards

Dear Phys-Lers. I know that a discussion on the hazards of electrostatics
machines was recently concluded on this list. Alas, I was not paying very
close attention.

I have just gotten a call from a HS teacher inquiring about the same in
regard to the Kelvin electrostatics generator, the one that works with
water drops. It seems that student in the up coming science fair has built
one and the organizers of the fair want to classify it as a dangerous
machine.

So I need to know how the discussion turned out. Also, if anyone has an
opinion as to whether classifying the Kelvin machine as dangerous for the
purpose of the science fair is a reasonable thing to do, I would appreciate
hearing your views.

Jim Marsh