Magnitude of feet-scuffing voltage?

Have any PHYS-L members studied the voltage of the human body WRT ground,
when the human scuffs upon a rug during dry conditions? What is the
maximum voltage expected? 5KV? 10KV? Does the size of the human make a
big difference, or is there a "ceiling" of maximum voltage?

Also, I'm looking for an electrometer which can display the body
potential. Might there exist an inexpensive "student electrometer" which
will not be destroyed by contact with a charged person? I've seen Pasco's
ads, but theirs seems to only measure below 1KV.

billb@eskimo.com http://www.amasci.com