Re: Airfoil lift, new article

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 16:01:58 -0500
From: "Michael N. Monce" <mnmon@CONNCOLL.EDU>

And I used to think I could generally teach anybody some physics :)

It's the same old problem: one has to *want* to learn before one can
learn, and an important part of wanting to learn is being willing to
face the possibility that what one thinks one surely knows *might*
be wrong. Bill gave two typical implementations of the lack of want.
One reason I like this list is that it helps me maintain that
honest want. I think I have learned somewhat more than I've unlearned
here in the last few years, but sometimes I'm not so sanguine.

Phil Parker pparker@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu
Random quote for this second:
Honk if you hate bumper stickers that say "Honk if ...."