Book Review - Black Holes & Time Warps by Kip Thorne

Book Review - Black Holes & Time Warps by Kip Thorne

I just finished reading Black Holes & Time Warps by Kip Thorne.
I read a lot of books on science and this may be the best one
I have ever read. In case you do not know Thorne is one
of the world's leading authorities on black holes & general
relativity. So there's no question that he's got it right.
But more importantly it's a great read. There are no scary
equations ;-) except in the notes. (Actually there's
one, an example of the binomial approximation.) It's
told from a personal perspective by someone who has
known all the major figures since the 1960's.

I remember Godel, Escher, Bach. It was great. So great
I finally couldn't make myself finish it. But I almost
couldn't put Black Holes & Time Warps down.

Thorne was a consultant for the movie (& book) "Contact."
He describes how the book inspired him to do serious research
on white holes and time machines.

Run don't walk to the bookstore.

Sorry about the cross posting.

Cheers,