Re: Freezing Water

At 09:13 AM 12/29/98 +0200, you wrote:
|>Yes, from time to time we talk about whether cool water or warm water
|>freezes "faster". Surely by now there is an FAQ somewhere. Could kind soul
|>please lead me to it or the like.
|

|See http://hermes.astro.washington.edu/faq/physics/hot_water.html .

Several people have pointed out this article. I thank them for those
others should also visit and browse. As I get time I will spend some time
there reading the articles.

BUT this particular article uses caloric language -- uses the word "heat"
as a noun -- has it flow etc -- and I find myself yelling at my monitor to
the point where neighbors look worried. Again as I get time I will contact
the author and offer editorial services.

Or maybe Leigh Palmer would offer such -- Leigh, were are you when we need
you????

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen