Re: Freezing Water

Jim (et.al.) _One_ place to look is on the chemed discussion list
archive. There is a thread dated Oct. 26 on this issue, and assuredly
more. The archive is managed by Bruce Toback at OPT. Inc. (who deserves
the credit.)

Here's the URL:

http://www.optc.com/chemed-l-thread/

(My own opinion is that the common experience that hot-water pipes
freeze before cold water pipes because lime from the water has
precipitated out, replacing water (high heat capacity) with calcium
carbonate (low heat capacity) )

Best Wishes
David

Jim Green wrote:

Yes, from time to time we talk about whether cool water or warm water
freezes "faster". Surely by now there is an FAQ somewhere. Could kind
soul
please lead me to it or the like.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com