Re: Physics Errors (was"Peanuts" Cartoon of 12-7-98)

I must admit that I did not read the sentence carefully.

"objects in the water dish are closer than they appear."

Being lazy my brain assumed that the cartoon referred to the well
known illusion. Some of us are obviously more critical than others,
especially outside of the regular learning situations. That is
good. Extra training in the art of critical thinking from
somewhere?

How many noticed the "error" before it was exposed by Quist?
And how do we know it was really an error? Perhaps it was a
deliberate trick. A cartoonist does not have to be correct.

Ludwik Kowalski
Herbert H Gottlieb wrote:

It should be obvious that the cartoon comment should have read,
"Objects in the water dish appear to be closer than they really
are."