Re: MOMENT OF INERTIA

I needed another excuse for a little break. This time I was rolling
the cylinders from the same starting line and measured distances
traveled along the horizontal floor. It was 7 meters for the cylinder
whose moment of inertia is larger and only 6 m for the other cylinder.
The angle of my incline was 20 (+/- 1) deg. And the length to travel
along the incline was 30 (+/- 0.5) cm. I am not sure that the difference

of 1 meter is significant in view of the poor accuracy in the initial
positioning. The angle was certainly the same each time.

.. The next step is to consider letting both of them run along
the flat floor at the foot of the ramp. Which is likely to travel
further, I wonder?