Re: MOMENT OF INTERTIA

Perhaps you should consider the kinetic energy of the ring-disk. For the
disk the inner parts move less rapidly than the rim. Hence the
translational speed of the disk can be higher because a smaller fraction
of the gravitational energy gained by moving down the ramp in needed to
make the disk rotate. (Note that the increased mass means both more
potential energy, more translational Kinetic energy, and more rotational
kinetic energy, all in proportion. It is the distribution of the energy
that changes.)