Re: Hell - completely off-topic

Taha Mzoughi wrote:

D. Simanek has a page describing including the article mentioned as well as
another one refuting it. The URL is:
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/hell.htm

As usual, Donald's explanation is very clear. I will modify my
objections accordingly.

The mistaken notion that the sun is 49 times brighter does not come from
misreading the word "sevenfold" but in mistaking the grammar as saying
"seven times the light of seven days" - hence seven times seven. The
grammar is actually saying "the light of the sun is 7 times brighter, as
if the light of 7 days were added together". The figure of 50 was not
obtained by rounding up (which I had assumed - sorry for casting any
aspersions on the author's integrity), but by adding the light of the
moon (one sun equivalent) on to the sun's power. So the correct factor
should be 8, which would give a temperature of
300K * 8^0.25 = 504K = 232 C.

The objections regarding whether this is the temperature of heaven or
hell are unaffected.

Doug Craigen "Technology with purpose"
http://www.dctech.com