Re: General Theory of Relativity

I was dealing with the one-dimensional case. The two dimnensional one
(where v and u are not colinear) is significantly more complicated, but
the same principles apply.
JE

Here Jerry seems to use the term acceleration as though it means
rate of change of speed, rather than rate of change of velocity.
I believe that descriptions of how direction apparently changes for
near luminal velocity objects figured in studies of apparently
supra-luminal celestial objects - along with issues of gravitic
focussing of celestial images. And it is quite certain that the
underrated Mr Tomkins saw devastating changes in oncoming near
luminal objects, did he not?

But I am straying dangerously far from any pretensions of personal
competence, and am quite resigned to the possibility of instant
rebuttal! :-)

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK