Re: fluid analogs (erratum)

Oops! In my last post I wrote:
... , then one finds that Poiseuille's
(sp?) Law gives: R = K*[eta]*L/([rho]*A)^2 , where K is a fixed
dimensionless proportionality constant that depends on the cross
section shape of the pipe. (For a circular cross section we have
K = 2*[pi] which is also the upper bound that K can have for any shape
cross section.) ^^^^^

What I meant to say in the last parenthetical statement was: "For a
circular cross section we have K = 2*[pi] which is also the *LOWER* bound
that K can have for any shape cross section."

I temporarily was thinking about flow conductance while I was writing about
resistance. If the cross section changes shape from round to some other
shape while the cross section area remains fixed, then the flow resistance
and K increase.

David Bowman
dbowman@georgetowncollege.edu