radian, UNITS, & explanations

<From Mike mwilson@colosys.net>

Hi List,

Thanks for the many replies. I am rather new to this list and may
have hit a nerve with no such intentions. Thanks to all for the
calm and thoughtful replies.

After reading several replies I've reached the following conclusions:

1. I would prefer to say radians have no units.

2. It does seem radian refers to the size of an angle, so it
does have some dimension.

If the list disagrees with these statements please continue to provide
information.

Most useful have been those providing exlanations which seem to
help to their students understand why we can drop the word radian in
calculating angular quantities.

Best Wishes,

Mike Wilson
mwilson@colosys.net