Re: fluid analogs of battery, resistor, capacitor, inductor

Hi Mike,

I had a little trouble decoding that last message.. I think it
was NeXTMail. which I don't normally use (as nice as it is!) since
most of the rest of the world seems so confused by it. Anyway.. after
a little fiddling I got the following... maybe there are others who
had a little trouble?

-steve

origianal message follows:

It's common to mention the pump as a fluid analog of the battery, and
a narrow pipe as the analog of a resistor, but I have cooked up a
couple of others --- one for the capacitor and one for the inductor.

You can see these at my web page (below). Go to MJM Physics Courses
then go to PH 112 and there you will find a link to the page which
shows the fluid analog of all four electrical items above.

Mike
Mike Moloney http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~moloney
moloney@nextwork.rose-hulman.edu
Dept of Physics & Applied Optics (812) 877 8302
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology Terre Haute, IN 47803