Re: Merry Newton Carols/ Physics Songs

I like Mike Wilson's idea of having the kids go out singing physics songs.
It certainly would give the science department some good exposure.
I have been doing physics songs IN CLASS on the last day before vacation for
several years. (I also have a few other physics songs, setting such
classics as s=vit + 1/2 at^2 to operatic melodies.) These have become a
tradition around here and the internal television station has even made
commercials (similar to what you see on regular TV for music collections)
for the Br.Harris Christmas tape --which, of course, doesn't exist.

Rather than cluttering up the list with my lyrics, I cobbled together a web
page for them.
Please check them out by going to
http://www.cath-mem.org/cath-mem/physics/contents.htm
and then follow the link to Physics Carols. This may take a few seconds to
load, I got carried away adding animated gif's.

A quick search of the web yielded the following two additional sources:
http://www.kent.wednet.edu/staff/trobinso/physicspages/Christmas.html
http://listmaster.iinet.net.au/larc/fogies/121997/msg00691.html

Enjoy!
Br. Robert W. Harris