Re: The world's first readable calculus [long]

What makes object-oriented languages more suitable for making
logical deductions than procedural languages? My impression was
that the opposite should be true; procedural languages are closer to
human ways of doing mathematics. Can somebody who can read
Perl explain the algorithm. Does it really solve the problem or it
only checks that the answer is OK?

By "solving a problem with a program" I mean creating a code
which received the input data (three statements and other initial
assumptions of a particular situation) and generates an answer.
Then similar problems can be solved automatically. My guess is
that a clever way of presenting the data is essential. I was not able
to write a sollogistic algorithm for this problem.
Ludwik Kowalski

Doug Craigen wrote:

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

I still do not know how to write the algorithm for solving Jack's
problem on a computer (see below). Any hints? I suppose that
algorithms coded in Fortran, True Basic or Pascal would be
nearly identical in terms of understanding the approach. [I do
not know Perl, C, C++, Java, etc. They keep introducing these

It should be noted that while Perl, C, C++, Java, JavaScript are
separate languages, they are in the same class so that if you knew one
on them you would probably be able to get the basic algorithm from
reading the Perl script.

Doug Craigen "Technology with purpose"
http://www.dctech.com