A Meeting Notice for NJ Physics Teachers

Ed Schweber (edschweb@ix.netcom.com)
Physics Teacher at The Solomon Schechter Day School, West Orange, NJ

Hi All:

In conjunction with the New Jersey Section of the AAPT, I am trying to
organize a group of physics teachers who will come together periodically to
share how they use computers in the classroom. These are meant to be hands
on sessions where the presenter may begin by leading the group through the
calibration of a force sensor and wind up discussing how to get the Adaptec
SCSI card to work under Windows NT.

The first meeting will be at the Solomon Schechter Day School in West
Orange, NJ on Wednesday, December 9 from 5:00 to 7:00 P.M. About a dozen
people with various levels of computer skills have already indicated they
will be joining us. If you also want to come and need directions or other
info,or if you want to make a future presentation, email me at:

edschweb@ix.netcom.com.

We are equiped with six 266 Mhz computers (five Dells and a Gateway with
a 31'' monitor), each with Pasco 700 interfaces, a full set of the standard
probes, Interactive Physics, and Microsoft Office Professional.

Physics and physical science teachers with all levels of computer skills
will be most welcome - including those just vaguely thinking of eventually
bringing computers into their classroooms.

I look forward to seeing you.

Ed Schweber