Re: CBL's and Accelerometers

I just purchased 2 accelerometers to use in an impulse lab. The students will
design, build, and test a bumper for a dynamics cart. The winning design will
minimize mass and volume while having the lowest acceleration when it crashes
at the end of a tilted track.

Dan Burns
Los Gatos High School

Jon Bartel wrote:

I am currently looking for some idea's of different experiments that can
be done using an accelerometer. This fall I went to a workshop at the
WAPT meeting that explained some interesting experiments with CBL's. The
use of acclerometers in motor vehicles was mentioned as a way to measure
centripetal acceleration around a corner. At the workshop there were also
some other exciting experiments mentioned such as using an accelerometer
on a roller coaster. If anyone has any idea's of some other uses please
feel free to respond.

Jon Bartel
Internet - bartej27@vaxa.cis.uwosh.edu