Re: A bumpy ride

Message text written by "phys-l@lists.nau.edu: Forum for Physics Educators"
why do bumps feel LESS bumpy when the car is traveling faster?<

Oops, I missed this claim. I disagree, otherwise why would speed
bumps force people to slow down?

However, if you are hitting a series of bumps at a speed such that
you are driving your springs at the natural frequency of your springs
(ie in resonance) THEN going faster (or slower) would feel less bumpy.

Cheers,
Bill Larson
Geneva