From: William J. Larson <Bill_Larson@COMPUSERVE.COM>
To: PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU <PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU>
Date: Saturday, November 21, 1998 12:38 AM
Subject: Re: Y2k

Message text written by "phys-l@lists.nau.edu: Forum for Physics Educator=
s"

Our college president is contemplating delaying the start of spring
semester 2000 from Jan 3 to Jan 10, "just in case." He wants to know if
that is crazy chicken-little stuff, prudent, or a merely an indifferent
waste of a thought.

Larry<

I have no special expertise on the Y2K bug, but I'd think computer =

registration might get screwed up, so prepare for that, but classes =

are one dude talkin' to other dudes. Dudes do not contain Y2K prone
electronics & so are immune.

Bill Larson
Geneva