Re: Tesla's death ray

The fog is generated by covering the intake part of an ultrasonic humidifier with aluminum foil with small holes punched in it. The size and number of the holes regulate the amount and thickness of the fog produced. I just filled a container with the fog and connected the container to the ground of a van-de-graff and played...

-----Original Message-----
From: Miguel A. Santos [SMTP:msantos@ETSE.URV.ES]
Sent: Friday, November 20, 1998 2:20 AM
To: PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU
Subject: Re: Tesla's death ray

I didn't follow the whole thread on this, but I would like
to know more about this setup. How is the fog generated, how
is the tub connected to the vandegraff,...
If it isn't a too complicated arragement I'd tried. Any descripttion
somewhere? may be the web?

Regards,
M.A.Santos
msantos@etse.urv.es

Jed brewer wrote:

I tried the fog experiment with my humidifier also.. The best effect I =
received was to ground a giant tub of fog with the vandegraff and point =
my finger at the mist to create holes and spiral patterns.. It was very =
sensitive and the fog quickly condensed on the sides of the container =
and or finger.

<<application/ms-tnef>>