Re: Y2K [was: Re: Gravity and pi]

Re: "It is inconceivable that anyone but a physicist (or
an even a nuttier mathematician) would begin counting the years with a
zero", I believe it is very conceivable to everyone except Jim Green.

poj

I count alot of things beginning with zero. When timing a pendulum I say
"zero" when I start my stopwatch. When I buy a new car I have ( almost)
zero miles on it and get excited when I see it start the second 100K just
after 99999 miles. ( I don't buy new very often ;-))
The first revolution of my pendulum started at time zero. If it takes 1
sec per revolution and we count decades of revolutions, at what time does
the second decade begin, how about the second century, the two thousandth.

This will never be agreed upon, but I could not resist chiming in.

Ken Fox