Calendars

The 'Official' rules for determining both Easter and Passover have varied
with time. Since the vernal equinox occurs at one instant throughout the
world, it occurs on TWO different days, depending on which side of the
International Date Line you are on. The same goes for the EXACT moment of
Moon phases. Muslim 'New Moons' are determined quite pragmatically by the
first sighting of the faintest sliver of moon as seen from the
'appropriate' mosque. Luckily there are very few cloudy evenings in the
desert to interfer with this important work.

I know that the Jewish reckoning and the Christian reckoning has changed at
least once each. The 'correct' Jewish location is probably Jerusalem and
the most common Christian location is probably Rome, but the Orthodox folks
may have used Constantinopal, (or parhaps still do?)

If the Full Moon which follows the vernal equinox occurs while 'midnight'
is between Rome and Jerusalem, then the days of Passover and Easter are
quite separated.

I find a lot of interesting analytical tidbits hidden within this
calendrical culture.

By the way, the Jewish Lunar calendar adds a 'Leap Year' when necessary to
keep the equinox 'fixed' within the year, but the Muslim Lunar calendar
ALWAYS consists of thirteen lunar months with no 'corrections' so the
seasons progress through the year. Ramadan, which was celebrated in the
spring twenty years ago, now occurs during our winter.