Re: Gravity and pi

Kilo, mega, and even giga are perfectly respectable prefixes for any
basic unit. It's the yottas and zettas that I object to. By the way, how
do you pronounce giga?

poj

Someone (on this list!) chewed me out for writing Y2K, saying that as a
physicist, I ought to know better than to use a capital K for kilo. A
different colleague thought all the S.I. prefixes larger than 1 were
capitalized while those <1 were lower case, but my S.I. book says the
cutoff for capitals is between kilo and mega. So, I agree that kilo is
properly abbreviated with a lower case k, but what is the consensus of this
group about using it in the Y2K context?

Larry Smith