Re: Prefixes (was Re: Gravity and pi)

Re: "I continue to say kil-ometre in the 'proper' way," good for you. I
had not realized that the kilo pronunciation problem extended to the Old
World. I wonder how the French pronounce it; after all, it's their unit.

As for the French prefixes' pronunciation, there's no distinctions between
the unit and the apparatus. The emphasis is on the first and third
syllables in

microm[e`]tre, kilom[e`]tre and kilom[e']trage

In French, we don't displace syllable pronunciation to differenciate
phonemes (Grevisse grammar).