Re: Gravity and pi

Hmmm... is it just a rumor that the 'seconds pendulum'
(a pendulum that reaches its lowest point once a
second) was an early standard for the meter?

-steve

"David" == David Marx <dtmarx@SIU.EDU> writes:

>> Hello! Is it just a coincidence that the acceleration due to
>> the gravitational force on the surface of the earth is
>> approximately pi squared?
>>
>> Denise Wetli (Just wondering why the earth is round). Wake
>> Techn. Comm. College Raleigh, NC

David> Denise, there are those of us who think that the world is
David> full of coincidences and there are those who say "there are
David> no coincidences." The later believe that such is in the
David> realm of Creator's master plan. I am not one to say
David> whether pi*pi ~ g is coincidence or not. I wish you well
David> in solving those mysteries.