Phys-l is about to move

PHYS-L will move to a new address sometime on Thursday, November 5. His
new address will be: phys-l@lists.nau.edu, and he'll be controlled by
Dan MacIsaac at Northern Arizona. The server there is the REAL
Listserv, and I am really happy that phys-l can finally return to the
industrial strength server we used for years. It has lots of user
services, including a web-based archive system, and Dan will be
describing these to the list as the various features become operational.
Don't be impatient; it may take several weeks for all the additional
stuff to wake up and function properly.

The migration should be reasonably transparent to all subscribers, and
there's no reason to delay your posts on Thursday. Your cue that the
list has been moved will appear in the Reply-To: line. When you notice
that it reads: "phys-l@lists.nau.edu" instead of
"phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu" then you'll know that the new list is
functioning. At that time, please change any nickname files you have on
your local mail client so that "phys-l" points to the nau address
instead of the uwf address. Then use the new address freely and with
confidence.

In case anybody forgets to make the change and sends mail to the old
address, NOT TO WORRY!! By clever manipulation and planning, your post
will be forwarded to the new address, and will be distributed to the
subscriber list just as you've hoped.

The address of the new server is: listserv@lists.nau.edu. He is the one
to receive all your commands. I recommend strongly that your first
command to this address is:

HELP

He'll respond to you by giving you all the Listserv commands you need
for subscribing and signing off, etc..... a few syntactical changes from
the same commands you've been using for years on uwf's ListProc.

I'm sure the entire 600-subscriber list joins me in thanking Dan for
agreeing to take on this service to the Physics Education community.
Thanks also to Gary McClellan, the systems person at Northern Arizona,
who's taking care of all the technical details of setting up the list.

==> Dick

--
Richard C. Smith, Ph.D. Voice: (850) 476-9352
55 Birdwhistell Blvd. Fax: (850) 476-4193