gas container

Suppose that a spherical shell of thickness d is used to contain a
gas whose pressure is given, for example, 100 or 100,000 atm.
What is the necessary value of d for steel? I am NOT planning
to design a gas container, I need this information to estimate
(within a factor of two or so) how much of ....

I know how to calculate the diameter of a steel rod loaded with
a given weight (to reach the limit of elasticity) but not the
thickness of a shell versus pressure.

Referring to this private message, XXX wrote:

I really don't have any special knowledge about this kind of problem.
It seems like a mechanics of materials type of problem (better suited
engineering types). As you know, this is an area that physicists are
not
trained in. When a person receives a BS in physics and then decides
pursue a degree in engineering, this is one of two areas (the other
being
design) that the students are required to take before continuing on
with an
advanced degree in engineering. Good luck in finding someone to help
you with this. I would suggest contacting a mechanical engineer.

Any mechanical engineer (or a physicist, chemist, etc.) to help us?