Re: Solution to a problem!!

At 12:53 10/28/98 -0800, Bob wrote:

I propose that you don't make any assumptions about the solution path. The
branch of mathematics where the unknown quantity is a function rather then
a number is the calculus of variations. I've been away from this discipline
long enough that it would take me quite a while to get up to speed,
but I would like to hear whether this is a reasonable approach.

A good problem.

Bob Blumenthal

...and...