Re: time

The book "Einstein's Dreams" is an interesting little jaunt through
different notions of time. Each chapter is 2-8 *small* pages or so, and
some actually touch on some relativity effects. AS I am in the process of
moving, I cannot lay my hands on the book to share the author's name....
anyone out there know? Also, "A Geography of Time" was critiqued last year
in Discover Magazine and covers the history of time keeping and various
cultural attitudes presently found around the world. Again, I'm sorry, but
I'll have to dig through some boxes to find it. I offer each as extra
credit reading in my high school physics course.

EINSTEIN'S DREAMS
Alan Lightman, 1993. ISBN 0-446-67011-1. Lightman is an MIT Physics
Prof who also wrote GREAT IDEAS IN PHYSICS. I didn't like DREAMS so well
personally, preferring harder SF sort of reading for pleasure.

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://www.phy.nau.edu/~danmac