Re: Time

In my opinion time, a "continuos sequence of instances" is as
fundamental as
directions in space "continuos sequences of locations". As such it can
not be
described in terms anything more basic. It is what it is. The issues
worth
discussing in physics are: a) how to measure it accurately, b) its
relative
nature and c) ?? Philosophers may stretch this list.

And let me add (d), which may be part of Ludwik's (c), but I don't think so.

(d) What makes time different from the 3 spatial coordinates? Because it is
different, I have a very difficult time reversing the flow of my time
coordinate, not so for my x-coordinate; the number of gray hairs on my head
are irritating reminders of this fact. (assuming the Hawking "chronology
protection conjecture" (may have the name incorrect) is correct).

This of course involves all the discussion of "Time's arrow" etc, etc