Re:Time

--=====================_11824523==_.ALT

At 07:39 AM 10/26/98 +0500, DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA wrote:

Without events occuring there can be no meaning for the concept of time.
Events are changes in environment. Changes in environment are produced
by motion of objects in environment. If there is motion there is no time.
When motion is more fundamental than time, how is it we take time to be
a fundamental quantity and describe motion in terms of time?

We do think of time as being a sort of ultimate reference which allows us to
link motions and actions into sensible things. This idea is, of course, a
proper one for classical mechanics, but it is also a good starting point for
the study of special relativity, where, Einstein found, time was no such
thing,
or was the thing, depending on your frame of reference.

Glenn Knapp

Physics Kahuna
Kahuna Physics Institute - on the flapping edge of physics research.
--=====================_11824523==_.ALT

wrote:</div>
of time.</div>
produced</div>
no time.</div>
time to be</div>
time?</div>
allows us to link motions and actions into sensible things.&nbsp; This
idea is, of course, a proper one for classical mechanics, but it is also
a good starting point for the study of special relativity, where,
Einstein found, time was no such thing, or was the thing, depending on
your frame of reference.</div>