Re: equations, acrobat, WP, other

David L. Bridges wrote:

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:owner-phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu]On Behalf Of Doug Craigen

- the files look great when printed, ...

Yes.

... but usually look horrible on screen.

Here I would collegially demur. The Acrobat reader has a zoom button, and I
can always find a magnification that makes the pdf file quite readable, even
great looking, though at the expense of being able to see a smaller part of
the page on my screen. pdf is vector graphics (though you can embed bitmaps
if you need to), so as you magnify it, it just looks bigger and better.

This isn't really worth arguing about, I am quite in agreement that
Acrobat is very often the best solution. But to expand on my comment
about the on screen appearance, I find that a lot of documents can only
be read when zoomed in to an extent that the text won't all fit
horizontally onto the screen. So to read the text often means going
back and forth with the horizontal scroll bar. Other documents with
many figures (with small type) require continual zooming in and out as
one goes back and forth between text and figures.

Doug Craigen "Technology with purpose"
http://www.dctech.com