Re: Feynman and the FCI

I realize this to perhaps be a divergence from the subject at hand, but
I find the FCI to be primarily a help in identifying WHICH
misconceptions my students come into my course with at the outset. It
is gratifying to find that they have all achieved at least a 60%
performance upon exiting (with about 10% having perfect scores), but it
mainly helps me to know what ideas to address as I teach my courses and
how to best "unteach" before teaching.

Greg Kifer
Olathe North High School and Johnson County Community College