Re: Re[2]: Physics Laboratory Design

At 04:56 PM 10/14/98 CST, you wrote:
I would like to add another question for discussion. How do you
typically test your lab students? Paper and pencil? Lab practical
exam? Do any of you adapt your interactive physics lab software to
test your students?

The principal instrument for determining a lab grade is the formal lab
report, coupled with a graded lab notebook. We try to instill sound
practice in observation, recording and analysis of data, and clarity of
communication. Oh, yes, much to some students' chagrin we also grade for
spelling, grammar, appropriate citation and use of resources, etc.

Department of Physics * *
Randolph-Macon College * "God does not play dice *
P.O. Box 5005 * with the Universe. *
Ashland, VA 23005-5505 * It's more like whiffle ball" *
* - Roger Johnson, LANL *
phone: (804) 752-7344 * cited in APS News *
FAX: (804) 752-4724 * *
http://www.rmc.edu/~gspagna/gspagna.html