Re: Physics Laboratory Design

I like the idea that students get positive points. That they get credit
for what they put into the report. I never realized that we were really
saying everyone started with an A and was marked down. Thank you for
bringing that to my attention.

I gave a quiz yesterday on Newton's Laws and most of my seniors had no
problem doing the calculations combining the forces with the motion
equations. I also called each one individually (18 of them), out in the
hall with me, gave them a cart and asked them to demonstrate to me what
each of the 3 laws meant. I was surprised at how difficult this was for
them to do. They mis-used words and confused forces with acceleration, and
said gravity was responsible for causing a rolling cart to stop ( as
opposed to friction). I am looking for other "quickie" oral exam questions
for future quizzes. Anyone have any ideas?
Patti Mason
Delphi High School
Delphi, IN