Re: equations on the web

Depending on how complex your equations are, you can just
write them directly out as text in HTML format. HTML has subscript,
superscript and Greek letter tags (<sub> <super> <FONT=symbol>).

If you don't like remembering all the tags, you can use MS Word,
point 'n click, and then save it as a HTML document. It writes it
out as straight HTML for you.

All the equations I've written come out as straight HTML with
no gif files involved.

Tom

Dr. Tom Carter
College of Dupage
(630)-979-1834

Martha Takats wrote:

I have found the easiest way to do this is to convert the equations to
gifs. On the Mac, I use Expressionist to write the equations (I guess
there are plenty of alternative equation editors), make a screen shot,
and use Clip2Gif to make the gif. Somewhat tedious, but not as bad as it
sounds!
--
Martha Takats
Department of Physics and Astronomy