RE: equations on the web

I want to include equations on my WebPage.
Could anyone pls. suggest how I can do this?

There are several ways of doing it depending on the type of equation you
want to write.
** For simple equations you can use html. It support greek characters,
subscripts and superscripts.
** Another approach is to use a regular word processor and ask it to export
the document to html. It then converts the equations into images.
** Equation editors like MathType also allow you to save an equation as an
image.
** MathCad takes another approach and converts the document into a sort of
JAVA applet. You can check this link for an example:
http://webphysics.ph.msstate.edu/2213/s1/hw1/default.htm
** Another approach is to use a TEX converter. The following link provides
an example:
http://webphysics.davidson.edu/Applets/hoteqn/Readme.html

I hope this helps,

Taha Mzoughi
Assistant Professor
Department of Physics & Astronomy
Mississippi State University
PO Box 223
Mississippi State, MS 39762-0223
Phone: (601)325-2923, Fax: (601)325-8898
mzoughi@ra.msstate.edu
http://WWW2.msstate.edu/~mzoughi/