Subject: Radius of the earth
Author: phys-l@atlantis.uwf.edu at Internet
Date: 10/7/98 10:16 AM

Hello all,

Can anyone out there remember who first measured the radius of the earth?
An Egyptian, a Greek? What was his/her name?
(I'm working with a teacher in another city (due north), measuring solar
angles
and calculating the Earth's radius)

If the answer does not appear on the list, I'll post it for those who might be
interested.

Thanks in advance,

Owen