Re: IONS/metals EUREKA

Bob Sciamanda wrote:

No sale!

If an electron tries to leave the surface of a NEUTRAL conductor, it will
of course be attracted back by the now positively charged "mother" body -
separated charges will naturally try to re-combine!. That is pure
Maxwellian.

Your problem was the stability of an unbalanced charge deposited on the
surface of a body.

What is wrong with unbalanced electrons on the "outer
surface" polarizing the neutral medium deeper inside?
That is what James Jeans was referring to, I think.

".... The relation which, as we have seen, must be
supposed to occur at the surface of charged conductors
between 'matter' and 'electricity', can now be interpreted
simply as systems of forces between electrons and the
remainder of the matter. Up to a certain extent these
forces will restrain the electrons from leaving the
conductor, but if the electric forces acting on the
electrons exceed a certain limit, they will overcome
the forces acting between the electrons and the
remainder of the conductor, and an electric discharge
takes place from the surface of the conductor."